The whole raw, roasted or toasted oleaginous seed obtained from the star-shaped fruit of
Plukenetia volubilis L. or Plukenetia huayllabambana sp. nov., characterized by its content of omega fatty acids.
Jaime Kratz, M.D. is a board-certified physician specializing in allergy and immunology. He graduated from New College, a branch of the University of South Florida that specializes in gifted students, with a Bachelor of Science degree. He continued his education and graduated from Ross University, School of Medicine, New York, New York. Dr. Kratz continued his education by completing an internship and residency at Sinai Samaritan Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and achieved his fellowship at All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida. He is a member of the FAAIA, AAA&I, and former president of Pasco Co. Medical Society. Today, Jaime Kratz, M.D. is one of the most prominent Allergists and Immunologists in the area.
With more than 20 years of experience to his name, it is no surprise that Dr. Kratz is an Allergy and Immunology expert. His Port Richey, Florida practice combines expertise, compassion and cutting-edge technology to treat patients with allergies, asthma, eczema, insect and respiratory immune deficiencies, including HIV/AIDS, and a number of other immune system deficiencies. As one of the doctors at Morton Plant Hospital, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, and with affiliations at multiple area hospitals, Dr. Kratz and his team are the finest at diagnosing, treating, managing and reducing symptoms for his patients.
While each client deals with his or her specialized condition, Dr. Kratz concentrates much of his time and research to his patients who suffer from the symptoms of allergies. According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, “Allergies are one of the most common chronic diseases. An allergy occurs when the body’s immune system sees a substance as harmful and overreacts to it. The substances that cause allergic reactions are allergens” (http://www.aafa.org/page/allergies.aspx). In order to diagnose an allergy, a doctor must review the patient’s medical history, give a physical exam and do tests to identify the allergens that are causing the problem(s). Allergies are serious business and one reason why sufferers desire a top-notch Allergist and Immunologist to diagnose and treat his or her symptoms.
In his years of studies and treatment of patients, Dr. Kratz recognizes that while there are many types of allergies, food allergies are at the top of the list. In fact, food allergies affect more than 50 million Americans, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://acaai.org/allergies/types/food-allergy). Among these statistics, it is said that while any food can cause an allergic reaction, there are only eight food types that account for 90% of all food-related allergies. Tree nuts are on the list and are one of the most dangerous food allergy culprits, something Dr. Kratz takes seriously.
A food allergy can result in a severe reaction called anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening allergic reaction that impacts the respiratory system, causes a drop in blood pressure and affects heart rate. It can happen in minutes and can be fatal if not treated immediately. Because of a global awareness regarding tree nuts, most American schools do not allow nuts on campus, arguing that “one student’s snack is another student’s poison”.
Sacha Inchi seeds come from the fruit of the perennial Plukenetia Volubilis plant. It is natively grown in South America and abundantly found in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru as well as in Thailand and Southeast Asia. The climate in which they are grown allows for crops to flourish. The pod itself is star-shaped and contains an inner seed. Crops of Sacha Inchi are grown year-round and take approximately 8 months to mature. At full harvest, the once green seeds turn black and produce 400-500 seeds. They are classified as a drupe (a thin-skinned, fleshy fruit, containing an inner seed) and is not at all related to the legume or nut family. In order to make the seeds edible, they are first harvested, then dried and roasted. When it comes to superfoods, the products sold at sonotnuts.com are ahead of the times, offering delicious and satisfying, super-charged options for a better you!
Sacha Inchi is easily digestible and can be ingested in many delightful ways. All of the products are high in beneficial omega fatty acids, something the human body does not produce on its own. They are high in protein, are non-GMO and Vegan. Use So Not Nuts products to create delicious and satisfying smoothies protein recovery drinks, to top salads, in endless recipes or to snack on by the handful. At sonotnuts.com, Sacha Inchi seeds are sold raw, toasted or roasted, salted or in powder form, and they are all nut free! With Dr. Kratz’s professional endorsement and the research backing the product, why not start reaping the benefits of this highly regarded superfood today?
Breakdown of essential benefits:
• Aids in building the Immune System: How? Because the seeds contain a high level of the tryptophan hormone; the hormone that helps the brain release stress, reduce inflammation and helps with depression, memory loss, and general fatigue
• Aids in building strong bones: What? That’s right. A high level of Omega-3 contains calcium, the very essential ingredient that helps to reduce painful joints and rheumatoid arthritis. Go ahead and combine Sacha Inchi oil with other ingredients. For example, infuse a little fresh ginger to Sacha Inchi oil and add to your favorite dish.
• Aids in improved vision: Vitamin E, Vitamin A and Omega 3,6 and 9 is known to aid in improved vision. Why not add Sacha Inchi protein powder to oatmeal or your favorite after workout shake and enjoy the great flavor?
• Aids in healthy hair and skin: Whether you have thin hair or you are balding, have dry or crepey skin or have simply lost some of that youthful elasticity, our product helps with regulating oil production and protects the skin from sun damage. Blame it on the Omega 3 fatty acids and a regular dose of our Sacha Inchi cooking oil or Sacha Inchi Oil Capsules.
• Aids in positive effects on cholesterol: Reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke by munching on a handful of Sacha Inchi Seeds, while satisfying your snack craving.
• Aids in the building of muscles: Did you know that Iron supplements helps with muscle elasticity and provides oxygen to the muscles? Use any of our products to help your muscles move and contract without the aches and pains you are used to.
• Aids in digestion: Fiber helps with digestion and helps to ward off constipation by allowing waste products to move efficiently through the intestines. All of our Sacha Inchi Seeds products contain high fiber. With proper digestion, don’t be surprised if you feel full faster or for a longer period of time.
Please visit Sonotnuts.com for more information on their fabulous products, to have your questions answered or to leave a note or message. There is no better place to purchase the newest superfood and begin your journey to a more healthy and happy YOU!